Fenty on a budget
I love Rhi Rhi, I love Fenty Beauty even more. #HighlightonFleek But sometimes a Queen needs to stick to a budget. While I absolutely love the glow up the Fenty Beauty Body Lava provides, I can't, in good conscious, drop $60 on body glitter.
With that being said, I'm still a Queen and though I'm on a budget (literally just quit my day time job), that doesn't mean I can't look damn fine and shine. So I found this beauty hack on Instagram. It was posted by @Satinscarves. It's a DIY Body Lava, that I just had to try. All in all, I found most of the things I needed to make this in my home. The only thing I needed to go out and buy was a light weight baby oil and a good applicator brush. I paid $17 in total and the process took less than five minutes. Here's how it went down:
1. Light weight Baby Oil (Aragon Oil, Almond Oil, or Coconut Oil are good substitutes)
2. Eye shadow or bronzer (You can use a pallet you no longer use)
3. A piece of paper
4. OPTIONAL: Depending on how your eye shadow/bronzer is packaged, you'll need something to scrape the product off and onto the piece of paper
5. OPTIONAL: A clear plastic bottle to hold your oil Or you can just use the same bottle your oil comes in
1. Collect a good amount of eye shadow/bronzer on the blank piece of paper.
2. Use the paper as a funnel to pour the paper into the baby oil.
3. Shake well and add more shadow/bronzer as needed.
This is definitely something I would recommend for you to try. However, I would warn that you use this in moderation as too much oil in the sun could potentially burn your skin. Although I could see the glitter in person, the shine in the photos above looks like it's coming from the oil. So again, I would advise that you use a healthy amount of shadow/bronzer.
Are you willing to try this simple Beauty Hack? Let me know in the comment section below!
It's a great day to conquer the world. So go forth and slay!
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON APRIL 13, 2018